Saturday 29 June 2013

Now in Polska :-)

I car pooled for about 700 kms from Bad Dürrenberg,  Germany to Warsaw Poland in a Ford Fiesta hatchback with a Russian couple who now live in Italy.  I really enjoyed the ride with them ... perfect combination of conversation and silence so I could sleep too.  €35 vs €92 by train ... An no hassles with un notified changes to my ticket!! No lack of communication between me and the driver ... we were very compatible :-)
There was a protest at the German/Polish boarder ... written in Polish ... I still don't know what it was about yet ... but Pawel says it might be to do with ....the Germans recent movie in which it is depicted that a Polish soldier kills a Jew ... There's a bit of a reaction about that.
We drove through some lovely and varied scenery ... that was another great thing about travelling with Aleksey and Irina .... they chose scenic routes with the aid of the brilliant digital navigation gadget attached to their screen. 
We arrived at the centre of Warsaw at bang on midnight. ... they dropped me off very near the Okidoki hostel.  :-) And that's another thing the train wouldn't do for me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment